Forms and Applications
The following forms and applications are used by the Financial Aid Office and provided for your reference We recommend not to fill out any of the forms unless you were specifically asked by our staff. To download most of the forms, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. To download a free copy of the software, click here.
2017-2018 Verification Forms and More
If you are having trouble getting the non filer letter or your tax return transcript you can call the IRS at this number to make an appointment at your local IRS center to get the information you need.
***NEWS FROM THE US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION: Today 4/24/17 the Department of Education has notified us that in lieu of using the IRS data retrieval tool, we may accept your signed and dated 2015 federal tax return.
Verification of Non-Filing: Parents and Students who did not file a tax return for 2015, may write a signed and dated statement that they are not required to file a tax return and list all sources of 2015 income.
The US Department of Education is providing this temporary relief as the IRS works on resolving security concerns with the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT).
If you have questions please contact us at (920) 424-3377.
Summer 2017 Aid Application
2016-2017 Verification Forms and More
- 2016-2017 Verification Dependent Form A
- 2016-2017 Verification Dependent Form B
- 2016-2017 Verification Independent Form A
- 2016-2017 Verification Independent Form B
- 2016-2017 Parent PLUS Request Form
- 2016-2017 GradPLUS Request Form
- 2016-2017 Consortium Agreement Form
- 2016-2017 Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose for Publishing
- 2016-2017 Dislocated worker form
- 2016-2017 State of Wisconsin Travel Grant Application
- 2016-2017 State Grant Residency Form
- 2016-2017 Undergraduate Student SAP Appeal
- 2016-2017 Graduate Student SAP Appeal
- 2016-2017 Titan National Scholar – Agreement of Understanding
Additional (Scholarship) Resources Report
Titan Web Assistance
Resetting Your Password or Unlocking Your Account
If you are unable to login using your University email username and password, it is because you do not have the correct password or your account has been locked because of “too many” unsuccessful login attempts. To reset your password or to have your account unlocked, please call the Academic Computing Help Desk at (920) 424-3020.