Select Page

Dual Enrollment

Dual enrollment happens when you are enrolled at two institutions during the same enrollment period. If you enroll at UW Oshkosh and at another institution during the same semester, the class(es) you are taking school could be counted as part of your total academic enrollment and thus be eligible for financial aid.

UW Oshkosh is considered your “home school” if you are working towards a degree from UW Oshkosh. The other school is considered your “host school”.

You can only receive financial aid from one school during the same enrollment period. It is usually your home school who will process your financial aid.

The class(es) you are taking at the host school must transfer back in to your academic record at UW Oshkosh. The class(es) must also count towards your degree at UW Oshkosh.

You will need to work with an academic advisor to ensure that the course(s) you take is/are accepted by the University.

In order to receive Financial Aid while dually enrolled you need to do the following:

  • File the FAFSA. You only need to list UW Oshkosh on the FAFSA if the University is your home school.
  • Fill out a consortium agreement. Send it to the other school and ask them to return it to the UW Oshkosh Financial Aid Office.
  • You must enroll in a minimum of 6 credits at UW Oshkosh