You may be eligible to receive financial aid for Study Abroad if you are receiving college credit that will apply to your degree at UW Oshkosh.
The Office of International Education at UWO is your first point of contact for all study abroad programs. You will find all the information you need regarding the programs sponsored by UWO and other UW System schools.
We encourage you to consider the programs sponsored by UW Oshkosh first. If the experience you are looking for is not available through UW Oshkosh, other UW System schools may have what you are looking for. Consult with our Office of International Education so you can choose the experience that best suits your academic need.
Step-by-step Instructions for Study Abroad Financial Aid
In order to receive Financial Aid for the trip you have selected, you need to do the following:
- Fill out the FAFSA. The Office of Student Financial Aid cannot consider you until we have received the results of this application. Be aware that this form has to be re-filed each year.
- Follow the instructions of our Office of International Education (information, instruction and all necessary forms are available located here). If you have questions, you can contact the Office of International Education by phone: (920) 424-0775 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note if you need to complete and return forms, applications and deposits by a specified deadline, we cannot guarantee funding if you miss a deadline.
- If you Study Abroad trip is through another UW System school, you will need to fill out a consortium agreement form and send it to the school. The school will send it back to UW Oshkosh once its completed. Financial Aid will not be disbursed until this form is received.
- UW System Study Abroad Grants* are available to eligible Wisconsin residents. Awards are dependent on availability of funds and we cannot guarantee that there will be enough funding for all eligible students. To apply for the study abroad grant visit: Wisconsin Travel Grant
*UW Oshkosh sponsored programs will receive priority consideration for Study Abroad Grant funding.
Other Important Information
There are many companies that offer Study Abroad Programs. While these companies may be legitimate, processing Financial Aid for these programs can be a challenge and time consuming.
Also, other universities and colleges outside of the UW System offer Study Abroad opportunities.
If you are considering either of these option, please confer with the Office of International Education before you make a decision.