Titan National Scholar Program
Titan National Scholars initiative was launched in 2015 as a way to honor and reward high-achieving students from across the country. Titan National Scholars are an exclusive group of nonresident students who receive an impressive academic scholarship, whether they begin their academic journey at UW Oshkosh as freshmen or transfer students.
This scholarship brings the cost of tuition for non-resident students down to that of Wisconsin’s low-cost in-state tuition.
The Titan National Scholars Program was created to give students the recognition they deserve and allow them to fully invest themselves into their education, without the added burden of non-resident tuition. We want students to experience all of the academic, social and professional opportunities available at UW Oshkosh.
While students do not need to apply for financial aid to qualify for the Titan National Scholar award, students are encouraged to file the FAFSA.
The Titan National Scholar award is NOT a cash award.
Tuition will be adjust to in-state tuition rates and a refund based on Titan National Scholar award will never be issued to the student if credits are dropped.
Incoming students click here: http://admissions.uwosh.edu/titan-national-scholar/
What are the eligibility requirements?
Eligibility requirements will be revised annually.
- Full-time enrollment is required. Full-time enrollment is defined as a minimum of 12 credits each term. Must maintain full-time status and attend consecutive terms.
- A minimum of 30 credits must be earned within one academic year to continue eligibility. One academic year is defined as fall through summer term. For example, Fall 2015, Spring 2016 and Summer 2016 is one academic year.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 is required at the start of the next academic year. For example, students receiving the ward in Fall 2015 must achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 by the start of the Fall 2016 term to remain eligible.
- Eligibility will continue until 120 credits are earned. Earned credits include credits earned at UW Oshkosh, test credits, transfer credits, etc. Earned credits will be evaluated at the start of the academic year. For example, a student receiving the Titan National Scholar award for Fall 2015 that has earned 115 credits, will qualify for Titan National Scholar for Fall 2015 AND Spring 2016.
Failure to meet the requirements will result in loss of eligibility for the Titan National Scholar award for future terms.
Who is eligible for Titan National Scholars?
We do not limit the number of students who may receive Titan National Scholar awards, provided they meet our academic requirements.
Titan National Scholars are able to pursue any traditional academic program at UW Oshkosh, including our exceptional nursing, business and education programs.
The Titan National Scholars program is available for all students, with the exception of those students receiving Minnesota Reciprocity, international students and students participating in online or specialty programs.
Graduate Students Eligiblity
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Eligible for admission in full standing and
- Admission GPA of at least 3.2
Review is holistic to provide some flexibility for the graduate programs to allow consideration of discipline-specific talents, backgrounds, experience, diversity, etc. that further enhance a student’s eligibility.
Who can I contact with questions?
If you have questions regarding the UW Oshkosh Titan National Scholar program, please contact the UWO Financial Aid Office at (920) 424-3377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.